Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Kansas City was cooL!

I dropped the hoop motherload in KC. awesome hoopcircle on Saturday at Sunshine Yoga. Had a lovely 6 piece class that was inspired and fun. Brie and a couple of her fabulous hoopgurlz showed as well as a couple newbeeez. It was rad - I really enjoyed facing the group and making the eye contact and watching them. I think when we have a mirror in front of us we focus so much on ourselves.
"what does it look like" thoughts....
hooping is much much much more on "feeling" it that seeing what it looks like. We have to feel the move, or the "pe-a-ce" - the grounding and control within. I think we can discover more by listening to these sensations than by "watching" ourselves.
I realized that I needed to learn how to communicate "right" and "left" reversed (when not facing the same direction as the class) that took some thinking...
It was fun - thanks to Kelli Austin at Sunshine Yoga
and Brie "Breeze" of http://www.kaivalyahoops.com/
THanks YA"LL.
I'm about to be taking off on a family venture in Switzerland.
Hoops and hoop practice are joining the trip. Of course.
Collapsables are very handy! just fixed up a matching LED duo last night!
HOOPON>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment